School Messenger Alert System
School Messenger Alert System
Welcome to Canastota Central School District's School Messenger Alert System. This system automatically calls families with children in the district, faculty and staff with important information from the district or inpidual school buildings, including:
- School Hours and Non-School Hours Emergencies (Snow Days & Delays, Lockdowns, etc.)
- Student Attendance (Grades 2-12 only)
- General Information (Special school events)
How do I Sign Up for School Messenger?
If you are the parent or guardian of a current student(s) in the district or if you are an employee of the district, you should already be registered for School Messenger Phone Calls. By default, School Messenger will automatically call the first two (2) phone numbers that have been provided to the district.
Text Messages (SMS)
In order to receive text messages from the district, users must first subscribe to this type of alert. To do so, text the word "Yes" or "Y" the number 68453. You will receive a confirmation text shortly thereafter. Standard messaging rates from your wireless carrier will apply.
Email messages will be sent to email addresses that have been provided to the district.
**School Messenger will only be able to send messages to current, valid phone numbers and email addresses. As always, please contact the main office of your child's school immediately if your phone number or email address has changed.
I'm not receiving School Messenger Alerts. What should I do?
If you are not receiving School Messenger alerts, but you believe you should, please review the following information:
- You must be the parent/guardian of children who are currently registered in the district and/or you must be an employee of the district to receive alerts.
- You must have a current, valid phone number recorded with the district.
- You must subscribe to text message alerts in order to receive them (see above).
If you need to update or change contact information, please contact the main office of your child's school. If you believe all of your information is accurate, but you are not receiving alerts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the School Messenger App to Manage your own Alerts
School Messenger offers a free app that can provide push notification alerts and allow you to manage the types of notifications you receive without having to contact the school to make changes. The app is available for both iOS and Android. More information can be found at https://go.schoolmessenger.com
Once downloaded, please follow these instructions to set up the app:
- Open the app and click on "new user".
- You will need to register with the same email address that is recorded with the district. Your email address will be what links the app with your contact information in School Messenger. A confirmation email will be sent to this email address.
- Once your account is confirmed, login to your infoCenter account. You will need to review some notification alerts before viewing your account information.
- When you are logged in you will have the option to change your alert settings for each kind of message (attendance, general, emergency). You can enable or disable text or phone preferences for each type of message. Please note that phone calls for emergency broadcasts cannot be disabled.