Reserve a School Facility
Canastota CSD's indoor facilities are opened on a priority basis.
Approval for usage will be based on the progress of the Capital Project and school functions that require use of facilities after school hours. All parts of the indoor facilities may not be open at the same point in time due to the reasons stated above.
Please note that according to Canastota CSD Policy, all requests need to be made 30 days in advance.
Facilities Use Reservation Process
While the district's school buildings and grounds are maintained primarily for the purpose of educating students within the district, the Board of Education recognizes that the buildings and grounds are a valuable community resource and believes that this resource should be available to the community for specific uses that will not interfere with educational activities.
A complete listing of guidelines and rules for use community of school facilities can be found in District Policy 1001: Community Use of School Facilities. An abbreviated listing can be found below. Please review the following checklist and guidelines before submitting a facilities request application.
- Facilities requests must be made at least thirty (30) days in advance of the date of requested use.
- Sponsoring organizations must provide sufficient competent adult supervision throughout the use of any facilities.
- An employee of the School District must be on duty whenever school facilities are used by an organization or group. The custodian on duty should be notified at the start and finish of the activity.
- The school building will not be used for recreation by outside groups on legal holidays.
- Organizations wishing to use the kitchen facilities must employ a school lunch employee to be on duty during the time of building use.
- All facilities used must be left in the same condition as they were before the activity.
- Nothing shall be sold, given or exhibited or displayed without permission.
- The individual or organization approved for use of facilities shall accept full responsibility for any damage done to school property and for compliance with all regulations.
Insurance: Any individual or organization requesting use of the school facilities for certain events must be required to produce a certificate of insurance naming the School District as an additional insured before being granted permission to use facilities. This determination will be made by the Superintendent after consultation with the School District Attorney and/or insurance agent. Coverage shall be in the amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence, $2,000,000 aggregate. Additional Insured Endorsement (CG20 26 or Equivalent) must be attached.
Please submit Certificate of Insurance via email to Maria Campbell or via fax 315-697-6332.
To Reserve a Facility:
- Review all information above.
- View the Facilities Use Calendar to verify the availability of the requested space.
- Outside organizations: Complete the application.