Dignity for All Students Act (DASA)
The Dignity for All Students Act is an official policy of New York State that requires all students in public schools to have the right to an education free of discrimination and harassment. The information included on this page and the links provided are the resources to help students, parents, and guardians understand what this law means and how it is to be put into practice by the district.
When a student reports that he or she has been bullied or harassed to any adult the following procedures will be followed:
- Complaint received from the student.
- Adult/student refers complaint to Dignity Act Coordinator (DAC) within 1 day. The adult must submit a written account of the complaint to the Dignity Act Coordinator within 2 days of receiving the complaint.
- Dignity Act Coordinator logs complaint: date and time received, name of referral source, date and time. District Compliance Officer is notified by the DAC.
- DAC conducts investigation within one day. Log is kept: names of complainant, witnesses, dates and times of interview(s).
- DAC submits written summary of finding to District Compliance Officer (DCO) and any actions taken to remedy the complaint.
- DCO reviews investigation; concurs or modifies actions taken. Logs report with date, time and solution/remediation.
- DCO/Superintendent will report to the Board of Education (BOE) quarterly.
Building Resources for Students
|Jen Carnahan *||K-1||Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Stanley Congden||11-12||Asst. Principalemail@example.com|
|Kristin Fox||7-10||Asst. Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Deanna Taurisano||7-12||Social Workeremail@example.com|
|Dana Podkowka||4-6||Social Workerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
* Dignity Act Coordinators (DAC)
|Superintendent of Schoolsemail@example.com|
|Karen Henner**||Director of Instructional Support Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
** District Compliance Officer (DCO)