Reopening Plan 2020
Recorded Information Sessions
Reopening Video Series
In order to help students, families, and staff prepare for the reopening of school in September 2020, Canastota CSD will be publishing a series of videos with information, special considerations and protocols that are in place across the district. Please enjoy the latest video below.
4.21.21 Update: K-12 Students to Return to In-Person Instruction on April 28th
Updated information about the return to in-person instruction for our K-12 students.
3.23.21 Reopening Update: 7/8 Cohort 1 & 2 Students to Return to School Five Days/Week
Read a message from the Superintendent about the return of hybrid 7/8 students to in-person instruction on Wednesday, March 31st.
Reopening Update: K-6 Cohort 1 & 2 Students to Return to School Five Days/Week
Read information from the Superintendent about the return of K-6 students, including specific start dates.
Read information about what student instruction will look like on Raider Wednesdays.
Supplemental Reopening Information
Pursuant to the supplemental guidance issued by the New York State Department of Health, Canastota CSD is posting the following items addressing specific components of the Reopening Plan.
- Remote Learning Specifics: This document specifically outlines details of the District's remote learning plans at the K-6 and 7-12 levels. Versión en español
- COVID-19 Testing Protocol: This document outlines the District's testing protocol and procedures. Versión en español
- Contact Tracing Protocol: This document how the District will work with, support, and supplement the contact tracing efforts of the Madison County Department of Health. Versión en español
- Public Meetings: The District will host several information sessions to share information about school reopening and to address questions. Details about how to join the parent and guardian meetings will be posted on our website before each meeting.
- Staff Meetings: Thursday, August 13th at 9am and 1pm.
- Parent & Guardian Meetings: Monday, August 17th at 9am and Thursday, August 20th at 1pm and 5:30pm.
- Student Meeting: Thursday, August 20th at 3pm.
The Canastota Central School District's Reopening Committee has spent several weeks planning for the anticipated return of our students in September. The plan that has been developed allows for flexibility in transitioning between remote, in-person, and hybrid learning scenarios while complying with NYSED and the NYS Department of Health.
- Comprehensive Reopening Plan: This is the full document, including mandatory requirements and plan considerations.
- Reopening Plan Summary: A 2 page summary that highlights key points from the Reopening Plan.
- Reopening Questions & Answers: This document lists responses to questions that have been submitted by families.